Heritage Lottery Funding 2014 - 2016
From 2014 to 2016 the Friends of Poole Park and the Borough of Poole
making a bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund for £2.5m
to help deliver improvements
that have been identified through talking to local people. There are
1. The Lake and park drainage is to be improved to enhance the visitor
2. Renovate and restore heritage landscapes. Informed by public
engagement to understand what heritage is important to the people of Poole and
how we preserve it.
3. The Geese and wildfowl theme will involve volunteers and experts
undertaking studies on the geese population in the park. We need to make
management decisions based on evidence.
4. Traffic movements is a theme that will discuss ways of better managing traffic
to improve the visitor experience.
5. Play will engage with people for ideas to renovate the play areas and introduce play landscapes.
Our hope is that as a result the park will be better managed and in better condition
but we need your help to do it. The Friends of Poole Park would like to encourage
people to become involved in the project and share our journey. You could come
along to a guided walk, volunteer to count birds, monitor visitor numbers, share an
opinion, create a gardening club or many other things.
From 27th January to 7th March 2014 there will be a wide variety of public engagement on Poole Park - questionnaires, workshops, guided walks and other activities. Please contact us if you would like to be informed of these events, if you have something you can offer the project, or simply want to be involved but are unsure as to what your interest may be. The full list of activities will be publicised soon.
For more information please follow this link
Next meeting of the Friends of Poole Park is the AGM on Monday 3 March at 7pm, followed by a forum meeting at 7.30pm, everyone welcome.